Friday, April 16, 2010

Hey is for Horses

















I spotted several of these horse ring statuettes in the yards of homes in the Old Town Alexandria area while walking around.  Some of them had been painted and others left to wear with the weather.  This one caught my eye especially because of the backdrop of the vibrant red of the house and dull yellows, whites and tans of the bush.  It also reminded of the horse project/pony project initiated by Scott Wayne Indiana (whom I met through the drummer of his band Kate's Mirror).  Sometimes I do miss the creative outlet that Portland is for so many people but then I find things here in DC that echo aspects of Portland and know that I am on the right coast for me.  While I do love the DC area (and find Virginia to simultaneously be beautiful and quaint), I know that the 10 year old version of me was right--I did fall in love with NYC at first sight (and my love of it grows every time I return) and I will end up there.  It simply offers too much (in so many ways) to NOT end up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment